How I Became The Hottest Actor- Odunlade Adekola Reveals!!

When he first hit the industry few
years ago, we all thought he was
just a flash in the pan. But one
thing became obvious in the
Yoruba sector of nollywood, the
young chap is now out to make a
statement that he is no more a
naïve kid. And that is the fact
that Odunlade Adekola is the
most sought-after actor in the
industry. No cast seems to be
complete without the Abeokuta
bred actor. The tall and good
looking entertainer who recently
added a bundle of joy to his fast
growing family is surely an actor
with depth and thoroughness and
that seems to have been the
cutting edge for him so far.
Q: At what point in your life
did you realize that acting
would be your career?
R: Acting for me started from my
childhood days. It started from
my church, Christ Apostolic Church
(CAC) in Lafenwa, Abeokuta here.
Then, whenever they wanted to do
society anniversary at the church
and they needed side attraction
for the anniversary, we used to
disturb them, a friend called
Tunde and I, would tell them that
we could perform as jesters at the
anniversary, and they would say
no problem. And I would just pick
up my pen and would start
writing scene 1, scene 2, and scene
3. And funnily enough, I didn't
know what scene means then, I was
just doing my thing. And
whenever they called upon us to
perform, we would perform and
everyone would laugh. As at then,
I was seeing the likes of Ogogo and
co, I'm talking about '92,'93,'94, I
was seeing them as if I could do
better than what they were doing
then. When I now came into the
industry, and they thought me
how to move, turn, do this and
that, I said: emi o mope ole to yio!
( I never knew it's this difficult).
By and large, I can say acting for
me started from my childhood
days, especially from church.
Q: In the course of your
growing up in the industry,
what are some of the
challenges that came your
way?
R: There were a lot of challenges,
but the greatest of them all has
been the challenge of being at my
best at all times. I mean the
challenge of going through a
script and fashioning a way to
interpret the role I'm expected to
play in the best possible way. I
always think about how best I can
deliver any role that is given to
me. Let me give you an instance
in this regard. Ishola Durojaye,
(Alasari) in the production of one
of his films then, 'Asiri Gomina
Wa', there a lot of criticisms
filters that Odun cannot act the
role that was given to him
properly as the governor in the
movie, but he(Alasari) called me
aside and said no matter what
they say, Odun, you are going to
do it. This is your script, go
through it and master it. And I
was thrown into confusion and a
challenge as to how I would not
disappoint someone that has
placed such enormous confidence
in me. But I thank God today,
though I have been acting before
Asiri Gomina Wa, it was Asiri
Gomina Wa that brought me to
the spotlight. And there are a lot
of other productions that have
also added to my relevance in the
industry such as Ara Lamo which
was produced by Yinka Quadri and
my own productions too. I see
every production as a new
challenge because that might be
the production some people would
be seeing me in for the first time
and that is what would give them
the idea of the kind of actor that I
am.
Q: How many productions of
your own do you have in the
market now?
R: I have five or six. I have
Farapamo, Emi Ni Ire Kan, Baba
Super, Ila Owo, Eje Fun Eje anf
Fayebora.
Q: And how did you become the
hottest actor in the Yoruba
sector of Nollywood today?
R: I can't really answer that. You
know I only get invitations to
come and act in movies and I
would go there and do my job. I
don't run after anybody and I
want to believe nobody is running
after me. Although, a lot people
would call me and say if we don't
see your face in a movie, we won't
buy it and all that. And I would
thank them and would also thank
God for making me appealing to
them. Another thing I always tell
them is that; please continue to
pray for me because there have
been a number of actors before me
that are nowhere to be found
today and they are still alive.
They are just no more marketable.
So, I don't know anything about
being the hottest actor. What I
know is that my God is always
there for me.
Q: But there must have been
something special about your
acting that almost every
producer wants you in their
productions…
R: Like I told you, I see every
movie that I'm partaking in as a
challenge. And that is the only
thing I know. And two, if you are
invited as an actor to any
production, you shouldn't see your
audience as fools. Deliver your
role as if everything is real. You
have to convince them as if what
they are watching is happening in
real life. As if it is reality. And
they would be watching and
enthralled with your acting. They
shouldn't see lapses and that is
the secret. If I'm to play a good
boy in a movie, I'll play that good
boy to the core. And if it's to be a
bad boy, I'll do it to the best of
my ability. That is all.
Q: So, what are the things
acting has done for Odunlade
Adekola?
R: I have rest of mind. I am
personally okay. I can eat three
square meal conveniently. I am
comfort. Those are the things
acting has done for me.
Q: How do you relate with you
female colleagues in the
industry.
R: Just as you have seen, Sikiratu
Sindodo just came in to greet me
by hugging me. And I told her I'm
busy, I'll see you later. And that
is all.
Q: Are you saying you don't
have a personal relationship
with any of them?
R: No, no, no. We are all friends.
My relationship with them is
purely professional.
Q? How about your female fans
outside, I mean the
overzealous ones that would
insist on a date?
R: I love all my female fans. Do
you know why? They are the ones
that really watch films and make
their boyfriends, their husbands,
their fathers brothers and other
people around them to watch our
films by telling the about us.
They there is one good actor now
called so, so, so, you have to see
his new movie. And there and
then, they help build our fan base.
So, I always appreciate my female
fans when they call me to say
Odunlade, we are enjoying your
movies. And I would also make
myself available to those that
have business deal for me or want
to join acting. There is nothing
beyond that.
Q: your saying you have never
dated a female fan?
R: No. Never!
Q: If you were not an actor,
what would you have been?
R: I would have been a business
administrator or a lawyer. That
is if my educational background
had been very solid. But, to now
start pursuing all that now, I
think it's too late for me. I have
to be realistic because it would
take much of my time. At least,
as I am now, I can take care of
myself and my family.
Q: Can you let us into our
background?
R: I attended Saint John RCM
primary school in Abeokuta here.
Then, to Saint Peter's College,
Olomore, Abeokuta. And I am still
schooling in one of the University
that I don't want to talk about.
Q: Which movie should your
fans be expecting from your
stable soon?
R: I just finished with is Fayebora
and another one is in the pipe.
NigerianVoice
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment